Our Energy Related Services
Smart Energy Audit Services
- Iot Based Detailed Energy Audit
- Electrical & Thermal Utilities Detailed Energy Audit
- Diesel / Water / Gas - Audit
- Power Quality Audit
- Harmonics Analysis & Solutions
- Detailed Electrical Safety Audits
- Thermography / Thermal Imaging
- Waste Heat Recovery Audit
- Green Audit
- Environmental Audit
- Carbon Foot Print Audit
- Iso 50001 – Audit
- Solar Power Plant Feasibility Audit
- Fire Safety Audit
Detailed Energy Auditing
Detailed Energy Audit is a comprehensive audit and results in a detailed energy project implementation plan for a facility, since it accounts for the energy use of all major equipments. It considers the interactive effects of various benchmark projects and offers the most accurate estimate of energy savings and cost.It includes detailed energy cost saving calculations and project implementation costs.
What is Energy Auditing?
Energy Auditing means the verification, monitoring and analysis of use of energy, including submission of technical reports containing recommendations for improving energy efficiency with cost benefit analysis and an action plan to reduce the energy consumption of an organization.
Iot Based – Detailed Smart Energy Auditing On
Electrical / Thermal / Hvac / Gas / Water Utilities
Need for Energy Audit in an Organization
- In any organization the three top operating expenses are energy (both electrical and thermal), Labour and materials.
- Energy would emerge as a top ranker for cost reduction.
- The Primary objective of Energy Audit is to determine ways to reduce energy consumption per unit of product output or to lower operating costs.
- Energy Audit provides a “bench-mark” for managing energy in the organization.
The Scope Of Electrical System Energy Audit Includes
- Collection of Data – Data collection from Generation, Distribution & Consumption areas.
- Data Analysis & Identify Opportunities – Analyze collected data and derive energy saving opportunities.
- Implementation of identified opportunities – Identified opportunities to be classified in to following categories and technical support to be provided for implementation.
- Specific energy saving calculations.
- Energy monitoring mechanism to track energy conservation.
- Revalidation of cost saving opportunities post implementation.
Benefits Of Detailed Energy Audit In An Organization
- Determination of energy efficiency and performance of electrical and thermal equipment’s and identification all possible energy saving measures to minimize energy consumption.
- About 10-15% of energy cost conservation potential obtained in similar industries based on our experiences.
- Savings from straight implementation without any investment.
- Savings from medium investment with payback.
- Savings from long-term investment with Payback.
The methodology that would be adopted by NAVITAS is given below
- Discussion with plant head /field personnel.
- Review and analysis of past performance data.
- Measurements of required parameters using Energy audit instruments.
- Conduct of efficiency and performance improvement trials/tests .
- Discussion of the findings and recommendations with plant personnel.
- Detailed techno economic analysis and Presentation to Management.
- Report submission
Electrical & Thermal Energy Auditing
What we do as Energy Auditors
Analyzing the performance of Complete Electrical Systems in the Organization
- Captive Power Generation Systems
- Transmission & Distribution Cables , Bus Bars, Bus Ducts, etc
- MV, LV Panels and all Switch Boards
- Power Factor Correction Panels
- Lighting Systems
- Metering, Control and Protection Equipments
- Motors, Drives and Starters
- Power Backup and Power Conditioning Equipments
- Earthing and Lightning Protection
- IT Equipments, etc
Harmonics Analyzing & Solutions
What is Harmonics?
Harmonics are multiples of the fundamental frequency of an electrical power system.
- For example, the fundamental frequency is 50 Hz, and then the 5th harmonic is five times that frequency, or 250 .Hz.
- The substantial increase of electronic devices in an electrical distribution system causes Harmonics in Electrical System.
Harmonics are a growing concern in the management of electrical systems today. Power electronic devices have become abundant nowadays due to their capabilities for precise process control and energy savings benefits. However, they also bring drawbacks to electrical distribution systems. The presence of harmonics in electrical systems means that current and voltage are distorted and deviate from sinusoidal waveforms.
Scope Of Harmonics Analysis
- Analyze level of harmonics at MAIN PANEL all feeders during regular & peak load condition.
- Analysis includes determination of THD (Total Harmonic Distortion).
- A report will be created based on the above analysis for each feeder identified for analyzing the harmonic values.
- Harmonics Analyzing kit with a meter will measures Total Harmonic Distortion at any given point – Both Voltage and Current [THD].
- Simultaneously the kit will measure the breakup of THD in 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 15th, up to 63rd.
- In most of the cases, the harmonics level shall be falling within the above range. In case, the levels of harmonics are higher, additional meters shall be added to determine which other level of harmonics is predominant.
- Shall also measure the various instantaneous parameters at that point of time including the below which we could use for analyzing purposes and determine the quality of power.
After Analyzing Of Harmonics In The Electrical Systems
A complete report will be generated based on the above parameters with time stamp.
We propose to take samples of the above instantaneous values for required intervals at each feeder during the peak load periods.
Once we understand the pattern of harmonics in the specified feeder, we will analyze the output to determine if filters are required to reduce the level of harmonics.
Harmonics are a growing concern in the management of electrical systems today. Designers are requested to pay more and more attention to energy savings and improved availability of electricity. But there is still a need for more explanation, in order to dissipate confusion and misinterpretation. Power electronic devices have become abundant nowadays due to their capabilities for precise process control and energy savings benefits. However, they also bring drawbacks to electrical distribution systems. The presence of harmonics in electrical systems means that current and voltage are distorted and deviate fromd sinusoidal waveforms.
Major Equipments that creates Harmonics
- Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) AC & DC Drives
- Variable Speed Drives (VSD)
- Soft Starters
- AC - DC Converter Equipments
- HVAC Systems
- Induction Furnace and Arc Furnace
- Welding machines
- CNC Machines
- Electronic equipment such as Computers, Printers, Scanners, etc
- Switching Equipments and Electronic circuits
- SMPS, Battery chargers
- UPS and Power Conditioning Equipments
- Large Nos. of CFL, Fluorescent lights with electronic ballast
- Thyristors, and many more non-linear equipments
Effects of Harmonics in Electrical Systems
- Indirect Higher Electricity Bills (Due to Poor Efficiency of Equipments)
- In-efficient performance of Electrical Equipments
- Premature Transformer Failures
- Neutral Conductor and Terminal Failures
- Circuit Breakers Tripp Frequently (MCB's, RCCB's, MCCB's, etc)
- Capacitor Bank Failures which leads to P.F penalty
- Malfunctioning of Motors or Failures
- Frequent Maintenance of Equipments
- Over Heating caused in Transformers , DG's, Cables, Bus Bars, Switches, Lugs, etc
- Conductor Failures
- Fuses Blowing
- Electronic Equipments Failures
- Flickering or Blinking of Lighting System
- Over Heating of Metal Parts of the Equipments, etc
- Losses in Distribution System
- Poor Power Quality in Distribution,
- Increases I^2 R Losses,
- Reduces life of equipments,
- Communication Equipments Failures, etc
Power Quality Analysis
Power quality determines the fitness of electrical power to consumer devices. Synchronization of the voltage frequency and phase allows electrical systems to function in their intended manner without significant loss of performance or life.
In its broadest sense, power quality is a set of boundaries that allows electrical systems to function in their intended manner without significant loss of performance or life. The term is used to describe electric power that drives an electrical device and the device’s ability to function properly with that electric power. Without the proper power, an electrical device may malfunction, fail prematurely or not operate at all. There are many ways in which electric power can be of poor quality and many more causes of such poor-quality power.
Our highly experienced electrical team will undertake survey and analyze the electrical installations, for the purpose of establishing the quality of the supplies. Using the suitable equipment, we will able to identify potential issues with the power quality and reduce your energy losses.
Detailed Electrical Safety Audits
- The purpose of Electrical Safety Audit (ESA) is to identify potential electrical hazards and to suggest measures to eliminate the hazards for ensuring safety of personnel and property.
- Electrical hazards continue to threaten safety of people and property in the form of shocks, burns, injury, fire and explosion. With electricity having become an indispensable part of our life, electrical risks are to be managed effectively.
- In an organization, fires due to electrical reasons are very probable, especially in building sectors with more fire loads. In service industries such as information technology, telecommunications, business interruption losses due to electrical hazards (fire in server room, damage of expensive communication equipment, loss of data, fire in cable gallery, etc.) could be substantial.
- Electrical Safety Audit will be carried out considering IS (Indian standard) guidelines, IE (Indian electricity) rules etc. The safety audit carried out by NAVITAS will cover the requirements of Electrical safety & energy conservation.
In order to accomplish the said purpose, the following verifications were made
- Discrepancies with reference to the standard design, construction and O & M practices.
- Adequacy of earthling system and its maintenance, rating of cables, ratings of CB and fuses, Relay and Protection system for the electrical equipment’s.
- Adequacy of the lightning and surge protection system.
- Periodical testing of various electrical components/parameters for proper upkeep of the plant.
- Plant earthing and schematic layout of electrical installations.
- Documents relating to the Statutory Electrical Inspection report, statutory clearance for installation of equipment’s.
- Safety-related work practices adopted by the electrical personnel, use of Personal Protective equipment (PPE), Work Instructions and training given to them.
- Verification of Log book and records for entering the periodical and preventive maintenance tests, break down maintenance and test results.
The location-wise observations/discrepancies noticed during the audit along with recommendations for rectification are furnished in this document with reference to the regulations. Photos, sketches and diagrams are also furnished for reference.
The filled in questionnaire forms and the details of the plant and equipment’s are also furnished in this report.
Objectives Of The Electrical Safety Audit
- Design, Install, implement and maintain facilities which control safety risks.
- Comply with statutory regulations and standards for controlling the risks.
- Train the personnel working at work place for safety aspects, safe behavior and effective use of equipment's to avoid any incident/accident.
- Undertake reviews, analyze, evaluate and install optimum value available safety/ operational equipment's for achieving the accident free operations economically.
- Comply with statutory regulations & regulations.
Benefits Of Safety Audit
- Earthing Systems
- Tests (IR, E, O/L)
- Equipment Layout
- Cable Size Adequacy
- Fire Protection
Methodology Adopted For Electrical Safety Audit
The following electrical safety audit structure is prepared for developing electrical safety program to be implemented. The data collection and analysis can be conducted in modular way.
- Pre-Audit & Coordination Meeting
- Pre-Audit Questionnaire
- Checklist with reference to Statutory regulations
- Physical Inspection
- Conducting Test and Measurement
- Discussion with Safety & Electrical personnel
- Examination & Review of Records/ Document
- Draft Report Preparation
- Review Meeting with Management
- Final Report Submission
Electrical Safety Audit – Comprises
- Introduction / Overview of Electrical system
- Observations and Recommendations
- Lightning Protection System Evaluation
- Electrical Hazards and Control measures
- Hazardous Area- Observations & Recommendations
- Review of Electrical Accidents and control measures
- Review of Fire Hazards and Protection Measures
- Electrical Maintenance Review
- Review of Electrical Test Records & Test Procedures
- Annexure (References/Guidelines)
Energy Management System
The EMS is the part of our Energy Audit, as we Navitas has been committed to provide ethical solution to our stakeholders we would like to conduct Energy Audit process on continuous basis, through which we shall be able to identify the maximum opportunities to save energy among every individual equipments.
Iot – Energy Monitoring & Controlling Solutions
- Smart Energy Monitoring / Management Systems
- Energy Billing Solutions
- Electrical Distribution Monitoring Solutions
- Water Flow Metering
- Retail Energy Saver Solution
- Smart Street Light Solution
- Building Management System (Bms)
Thermography / Thermal
The objective of Thermal Audit is a timely inspection & preventative maintenance of electrical equipment to avoid formation of ignition source due to electrical faults. It aims to detect the hot spots in the Electrical Installations so that timely corrective action can be taken to prevent any damage.
THERMOGRAPHY is a systematic approach to evaluate potential electrical hazards and to recommend suggestions for improvement on safety aspects. THERMOGRAPHY is an important tool for identifying hot spots, potential accidents in plants for determining necessary actions to minimize hazards and for ensuring that the whole safety effort is effective & meaningful.
So, in an epic Thermography says the Identification, localization of gaps following regulations, and putting suggestions of improvement and necessary investment and payback time to the management abiding regulation (IE rules 1956 & Electricity Act 2003). THERMOGRAPHY also tells how the occupants are safe in their workplace and the whole electrical system safety status at a glance.
Green Audit can be defined as systematic identification, quantification, recording, reporting and analysis of components of environmental diversity. The ‘Green Audit’ aims to analyze environmental practices within and outside the campus, which will have an impact on the eco-friendly ambience. It was initiated with the motive of inspecting the work conducted within the organizations whose exercises can cause risk to the health of inhabitants and the environment. Through Green Audit, one gets a direction as how to improve the condition of environment and there are various factors that have determined the growth of carrying out Green Audit.
The major objective of performing environmental audits is controlling the pollution. It also helps in improving the environmental safety and to making sure the prevention and reduction of the wastages. It also provides performance reviews of organizational working facilities and its possible impact on the surroundings. The environmental auditing is an important process to make sure continuous development in the environmental management.
Solar Power Plant Feasibility Audit
The growing energy demand in developing nations has triggered the issue of energy security. This has made essential to utilize the untapped potential of renewable resources. Grid connected PV systems have become the best alternatives in renewable energy at large scale. Performance analysis of these grid connected plants could help in designing, operating and maintenance of new grid connected systems.
Fire Safety Audit
Fire safety audit is a professional inspection conducted in a building premises and verifying the standards and recommending the organization to maintain the Safety Standards in the Work Place and Plant Area and all essential areas. This examination or inspection will help to understand how the premises are being managed to avoid fire accidents. The inspection is done by an experienced Fire Safety Auditor / Engineer. As part of the audit, the Fire Safety Auditor / Engineer will also get in touch with the industry / building employees about the fire and safety services offered to them. As part of the audit, Fire Safety Auditor / Engineer will check all the arrangements done to ensure the safety of the premises.
Need Of Fire Safety Audit In An Organization
Sometimes fire accidents are so dangerous that it can even take more than a year for the business to recover from the fire accident. That is the reason industrial fire safety services and audits are given a lot of importance.
There can be many reasons why industries opt for fire and safety audits. One of the most common reasons is it is a rule by the government, and you need to follow it, or maybe you just wanted to make sure that you are meeting the fire and safety standards. Either way, our experts can help you get the best advice possible, but at a very cost-effective way. So, it is time that you hire our fire and safety audit services.
Objectives Of Our Fire Safety Audit
- We ensure that the industry’s fire and safety standards match the local governments’ legal requirements.
- Their standards should comply with the policies and objectives written in the company document.
- We always have our own fire safety audit checklist for the industry, and we will make sure that their arrangement meets our checklist.
- We also provide any recommendations based on the present structure and arrangements done by the industry for their employees’ safety.
Scope Of Fire Audit & Training
- Basic Fire Safety
- Advanced Fire Safety
- Evacuation Drills
- Basic Life Support and First Aid
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Risk Assessment
- Confined Space Entry
- Home Safety
- Defensive Driver Training
- Road Safety
- Onsite Emergency Preparedness
Awareness Programs For Industries / Institutions
- Energy Conservation Awareness Programs
- Renewable Energy Awareness Programs
- Green / Environmental Awareness Programs
- Electrical Safety Awareness Programs
- Fire Safety Awareness Programs
"We can never save what we don’t measure."